I love creating free content full of tips for my readers, you. I don't accept paid sponsorships, my opinion is my own, but if you find my recommendations helpful and you end up buying something you like through one of my links, I could earn a commission at no extra cost to you. Product prices and availability are subject to change. Any price and availability at the time of purchase will apply. Learn moreIf you do a load of woodworking, you probably know by now that any saw is only as good as the blade you will pair it up with. Unfortunately, most of the 7 ¼ blades that come with the saws are not reliable. They will either have low-grade tooth or will be extremely flimsy. And we were a victim of that! So, getting the best 7 1/4 circular saw blade is tricky, and the buying process won’t go as we anticipated. There are loads of options, and not all can provide good wood-cutting performance as they are not sharp enough to provide precise cuts.
In this post we'll cover:
- 5 Best 7 1/4 Circular Saw Blade Reviews
- How Often Do Circular Saw Blades Need to Be Replaced?
- How to Clean a Blade Before Replacing It?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Words
How to strip wire fast
How to strip wire fast
5 Best 7 1/4 Circular Saw Blade Reviews
It can be overwhelming to choose a 7 ¼ circular saw blade since there are so many options. This review of the saw blade will help you decide.
How to strip wire fast x
1. Freud D0740A 7 1/4 circular saw bladeAre you looking for a quality saw blade that will help you with deck and fence construction? Many saw blades do not provide clean-cutting results. This is where the Freud D0740A Diablo 7 ¼ Saw Blade comes in handy. This blade comes with not just any normal carbide component but micrograin titanium carbide. This core material of the blade offers higher durability. Aside from durability, the Freud blade provides razor-sharp cuts that allow you to work more efficiently. Its carbide tips contain tri-metal shock-resistant brazing that allows the tips of the blade to withstand extreme impact. As a result, the saw blade will function longer and provide consistent cuts. Another feature of this saw blade is its laser-cut arbor; this arbor allows the blade to rotate more accurately so that there is a reduction of vibration. Thanks to such accurate rotation, the blade will not wear off prematurely. Furthermore, this circular blade will allow you to cut a variety of materials like softwood, fascia board, hardwood, plywood, etc., effortlessly. This 0.3 pounds weighing saw blade comes with 40 ATB teeth that help you achieve smoother cuts. Not to mention the laser-cut 0.59-inch thin kerf of the blade allows you to cut without making too much noise. Hence, this 7 ¼ saw blade would allow you to work more comfortably. Moreover, this saw blade has better compatibility than many of the blades in the market. Another added bonus is how the blade does not produce excess waste while you cut materials. Overall, this saw blade will be perfect for crosscutting wood materials. Pros
- Does not produce too much noise
- Its 0.59-inch thin kerf blade offers smoother results
- Contains highly durable carbide material
- Cuts hardwood, plywood, or softwood
- Packaging of the blade is not very good
2. Luckyway 2-Pack 7 1/4 circular saw bladesIf you are in the search for an ideal saw blade that comes with superior cutting features, then the Luckyway 2-Pack 7 ¼ Inch Circular Saw Blade will be an excellent choice. It is perfect for cross-cutting hardwood, softwood, chipboard, plywood, various plated and laminated panels, etc. Hence, you can use this versatile saw blade for many purposes. The blade comes with two different teeth numbers; 24T and 60T. Plus, the tooth design of this blade has a unique ATB or alternating top bevel feature. Such an offset tooth design allows the tooth angle to score the surface of the material before the cut occurs. As a result, it cuts the wood fibers in a clean manner. Additionally, the unit comes with a ⅝ inch diamond arbor that can fit properly into a diamond hole blade machine without any issues. This feature allows the saw blade to rotate more appropriately. Hence, there will be less vibration, and you will see better-cutting results. Furthermore, its fast nail cutting feature allows you to cut through nails at high-speed rotation. You cannot do that with just any kind of circular saw blade as there is a chance the blade’s tip might chip. However, the Luckyway circular saw blade tips are strong enough to not chip away even during high-speed rotation. Interestingly, it also bundles with a protective sleeve. You can remove it when you use the blade and put it back on when you stop using it. The protective sleeve will help you avoid unnecessary bumps and bruises. Pros
- Perfect for cutting plywood, chipboard, softwood, and hardwood
- Comes with a protective sleeve
- Both 24T and 60T blades are available
- The ATB feature allows the blade to cut smoothly
- Does not cut metal that well
3. Makita D-45989-10 7 1/4 circular saw bladeA quality saw blade can cut through various types of materials. But finding such a versatile saw blade can be quite difficult. That is why the Makita D-45989-10 7 ¼ Inch Circular Saw Blade is an excellent option. This saw blade not only cuts through plywood material but also rough framing lumber, OSB, and engineered lumber. Unlike the previous saw blades, this one comes with a unique ATAF blade tooth design. The ATAF or alternate top alternate face feature alongside the expertly tensioned plate will allow you to cut through materials more precisely. No other circular saw blade can provide you with a better cutting experience. This 24T saw blade comes with an excellent carbide core component. A major issue with some saw blades is how much material loss occurs when you cut. Fortunately, the ultra-thin and carbide-tipped design allows you to avoid this issue. A less material loss means better cuts. Moreover, the Makita circular saw blade product can actually allow you to work in peace. How? It contains laser-cut large expansion slots on the blade’s plate that significantly reduces both noise and vibration. This will allow you to handle the wood pieces without any disturbance. Another excellent feature of the blade is its heat vents. You heard right; the manufacturers of this saw blade created laser-cut heat vents that can dissipate heat properly. These vents can also help reduce overall vibrations. All in all, this long-lasting blade will offer you better cutting results. Pros
- Relatively less expensive
- Comes with a unique ATAF design
- Allows you to cut more precisely
- You can use this blade on lumber, OSB, and plywood
- Contains laser-cut heat vents
- Experience a minimal material loss
- It may not cut very smoothly
4. COMOWARE 40 Tooth CircularSome saw blades in the market are great for smooth cuts, others for reduced material loss or vibration production. However, not all saw blades contain all of these materials altogether. This is where the COMOWARE 7 ¼ Inch 40 Tooth Circular Saw Blade comes into play. This saw blade contains all these features and then some. Its premium and large teeth contain VC1 tungsten carbide components. The tungsten carbide material can significantly increase the life of the blade and keep the blade sharp for a more extended period. It also contains a large space between the teeth. As a result, you can easily remove chips from the blade and help with heat dissipation. This 7 ¼ inch saw blade comes with a ⅝ inch diamond arbor. The size of the arbor can perfectly fit into a diamond hole and round blade machine without affecting the rotation of the blade. As a result, you can use this saw blade in a stable manner to create efficient cuts. Furthermore, such an ATB or alternate top bevel style blade will allow you to cross-cut wood materials properly. Cutting plywood material can often cause unnecessary tear-outs, and this ATB feature reduces the tear-out issue more efficiently. A steeper bevel angle of the blade causes the teeth to reduce tear-out. Interestingly, it comes with expansion slots and anti-vibration features. During the cutting process, the expansion slots of the product will prevent unnecessary heat build-up. Hence, the blade will be able to expand and contract properly. Pros
- Comes with a ⅝ inch arbor
- Its VC1 tungsten carbide teeth cut sharply
- Can fit into the diamond hole and round blade machine
- ATB feature increases cutting speed
- Has expansion slots that reduce heat build-up
- May become rusty if you keep it in a damp place
5. Irwin 25130 7 1/4 circular saw bladeMost saw blades come only in a pack of one or two products. Since you do have to replace your saw blades after a certain period, the Irwin 25130 Classic Series Circular Saw Blade will be a better option as it comes with a pack of 10 blades. This way, you will not have to purchase saw blades so often. This 0.62 pound saw blade comes with a thin kerf feature that offers excellent benefits. A thin kerf blade like this one will allow you to cut more precisely without creating excess waste material. There will be less wastage as the blade will cut the wood components properly. Furthermore, the core component of this saw blade is carbide. Unlike the plain steel saw blades, the carbide ones last longer. The steel ones tend to become dull and rusty very quickly, which causes the cut of the blades to become less consistent. However, the carbide component of this circular saw blade allows it to cut quickly and consistently. Let us face it; it is hard to find affordable saw blades with excellent features. Especially for cutting wood, you need a reliable and affordable saw blade that does not put a dent in your wallet. The Irwin circular blade comes in handy in such a case. Moreover, you can use this versatile blade to cut softwood, hardwood, composition board, and plywood. As this 24T blade contains a universal arbor hole size, the blade will rotate properly and provide superior cuts. Overall, this saw blade will be perfect for crosscutting wood material. Pros
- Comes with a universal arbor hole
- You get a pack of 10 saw blades
- Core material is carbide
- Thin kerf blade helps to cut precisely
- Less material wastage
- This saw blade is affordable
- May become dull after a certain period
How Often Do Circular Saw Blades Need to Be Replaced?Is your circular saw blade not cutting that efficiently? Unfortunately, saw blades are not permanent, and you will have to change them from time to time. But there are ways to tell whether the saw blade has hit the curb or not.
- Dull edges
- Inconsistent cuts
How to Clean a Blade Before Replacing It?Now that you have an idea about saw blades and when to replace them, let me talk about how you can clean the blades before you do it.
- Step 1: Cleaning Solution
- Step 2: Remove the Blade
- Step 3: Scrub
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why should I buy a thin kerf saw blade?
- Are carbide circular saw blades durable?
- What is the best 7 ¼ saw blade for cutting wood?
- When should I replace my saw blade?
- Which saw blade comes with a ⅝ arbor?
Final WordsI believe that this saw blade review will help you choose the best blade for your machine. After all, the blade is the heart of the saw machine. So this best 7 ¼ circular saw blade list can guide you in picking a blade that cuts smoothly and efficiently.
Joost Nusselder, the founder of Tools Doctor is a content marketer, dad and loves trying out new equipment, and together with his team he's been creating in-depth blog articles since 2016 to help loyal readers with tools & crafting tips.
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.