In this post we'll cover:
- Tool Backpack buying guide
- Best Tool Backpacks reviewed
- Rugged Tools Tradesman Tool Backpack
- 2. AmazonBasics Tool Bag Backpack Pouch Front
- CLC Custom Leathercraft 1134 Carpenter’s Tool Backpack
- DEWALT DGL523 Lighted Tool Backpack Bag
- Milwaukee Low Profile Jobsite Backpack
- Revco Industries Revco GB100 BSX Extreme Gear Pack
- VETO PRO PAC TECH-MCT Tool Bag
- 8. Rugged Tools Pro Tool Backpack
- 9. Backpack, Electrician Tool Bag
- WORKPRO Tool Backpack Bag Water Proof Rubber Base Jobsite Tote
- Who Needs a Tool Backpack?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What pays more HVAC or electrician?
- Is HVAC a fun job?
- What kind of backpacks do Navy Seals use?
- What backpack do the Marines use?
- Which type of electrician makes the most money?
- Can you make 6 figures in HVAC?
- Are HVAC techs happy?
- Is HVAC a stressful job?
- Are Husky tool bags good?
- Where are Husky tool bags made?
- Is knipex better than Klein?
- Are Klein Tools good?
Tool Backpack buying guideA tool backpack must have a sturdy construction and provide comfort to carry it. Here some basic features of a tool backpack. A tool bag pack consists of four different parts.
- The compartments
- Types of straps
- Additional features
- The hardware
Best Tool Backpacks reviewed
Rugged Tools Tradesman Tool Backpack
|8 x 12.5 x 18
2. AmazonBasics Tool Bag Backpack Pouch FrontThis 51 pocket backpack is pretty great to buy for carrying your tools along as well as making it more organized. The best part is you can buy it at an affordable price. Construction and design This tool backpack is made of good construction fabric that makes it heavy duty. It is kind of similar to a heavy-duty school backpack. The backpack is designed with around 51 pockets. You can organize your tools without any havoc. It also offers flexible velcro mounts for tools. Durability The thick polyester fabric makes it a reliable heavy-duty backpack. It protects the stored items you will carry. For additional strength, there is also a PVC-coated polyester interior lining. The interior is also made with an orange color that will help you to find stored items. Comfortability It ensures maximum comfortability with proper balance. The added back support and shoulder straps with an adjustable chest strap to make you comfortable to carry your tools in it. The only thing may seem annoying to you is that though the bag carries lots of pockets, there is little variety. Most of the pockets are similar. Overall a very good tool carrying a backpack at an affordable price. Check on Amazon
CLC Custom Leathercraft 1134 Carpenter’s Tool Backpack
|13.27 x 8.5 x 16
DEWALT DGL523 Lighted Tool Backpack Bag
|8.5 x 7.4 x 4.45
Milwaukee Low Profile Jobsite Backpack
|19.7 x 14.5 x 6
Revco Industries Revco GB100 BSX Extreme Gear Pack
|19 x 12 x 9
VETO PRO PAC TECH-MCT Tool Bag
|10 x 8 x 14
8. Rugged Tools Pro Tool BackpackThis lightweight, tough and durable tool backpack is a good quality product that is worth to buy. It provides all facilities at an affordable price. Design and Construction It is designed with two main compartments that house a number of pockets to store tools. The front compartment contains 30 pockets to store hand tools and drill bits. The 10 most larger pockets can hold even a 12V impact drill. There are also some shallow pockets for use. This tool backpack is uniquely made for all types of technicians including contractor, carpenter, HVAC repairman, plumber, etc. It houses about 40 pockets to store all of your Durability This backpack is polyester made that can withstand the toughest environment and sharp toos say a fencing pliers. It is a real heavy-duty product that also lasts for a longer time. It can sustain in different weather and keeps your tools safe and dry. Comfortability It features molded hard bottom that keeps your tools safe as well as the flat surface provides you the facility to stand the bag. The only thing you may dislike about this product is the shallow pockets that you may not find any use of it. Overall a very good product to organize your tools. Check on Amazon
9. Backpack, Electrician Tool BagThis tool backpack is specially designed for electricians. It will organize electric tools in its spacious 39 pockets and suitable for any electricians. Design and Construction This tool backpack has a lightweight and portable design that any electrician will need to move with it. The stitching and construction are sturdy. The ballistic fabric with reinforced stitching makes a sturdy construction with an attractive color. Durability This ballistic made backpack offers maximum durability. It will not tear easily while carrying lots of tools. The strong zippers used in this backpack makes it usable roughly. Comfortability This tool backpack offers padded shoulder straps and its lightweight makes it comfortable to use. It also comes with handles that are featured for easy lifting. The thing you may not like is the plastic molded bottom but it is tough to keep your tools safe and also provides the bag stability. Overall, a good quality product. Check on Amazon
WORKPRO Tool Backpack Bag Water Proof Rubber Base Jobsite Tote
|13.78 x 7.87 x 17.72
|Black & Red
Who Needs a Tool Backpack?People who need to carry lots of tools such as any service technician including electricians, plumbers, contractors, carpenter, HVAC repairman, etc need the tool backpack most. This tool backpack makes it easier for them to carry the tools and also keep it safe.
Frequently Asked Questions
What to look for in a tool backpack?
Ans: There are a few things that have to be looked into when in the market for a good tool bag. First, you have to see how much space is inside the bag and how many tools it can hold. Secondly, you have to check the making of the bag to determine how long the bag will last.
Is padding on the shoulder and back important for a tool bag?
Ans: No, they are not important factors while buying a tool bag; however, for the most comfortable, it is a good option.
Also, if your back easily gets tired from carrying a backpack, padding can help make it less stressful or you can buy rolling tool box instead of a tool bag.
Ans: It depends on the kind of work you do. If you work in areas with water, snow, mud, or dirt, then I would say that it better to opt for bags with thick molding at the bottom. It will stop the bag from tipping over and getting dirty. If it gets dirty too often, you’ll get annoyed of the constant cleanup. For example, plumbers would be better off buying backpacks with molding.
What pays more HVAC or electrician?When it comes to income, both trades pay above average- more than $45,000 annually for each of the professions. Electricians come out on top here, the median pay was $54,110 per year in 2017 (BLS). HVAC Techs, on the other hand, earned a little less, $47,080 per year (BLS).
Is HVAC a fun job?Besides being a rewarding and challenging, a career in air conditioning and heater repair means a change of pace. Every day. If you’re not the type to be trapped in a building all day, a career in HVAC makes a lot of sense. Service calls make everyday different.
Question: What kind of backpacks are issued to Navy SEAL teams? Answer: It depends on the Team and mission but recently they are issued ALICE packs and Granite Tactical Gear Chief Patrol Pack . During BUDS the SEAL candidates use ALICE packs.
What backpack do the Marines use?Marine Corps Issue ILBE Rucksack with Used Hip Belt Designed by Arc’teryx, manufactured by Proper, the Improved Load Bearing Equipment (ILBE) main backpack featuring the USMC digital Woodland Marine Pattern (MARPAT) camouflage is designed with 4500 cubic Inch of space to carry a load of 120 pounds.
Which type of electrician makes the most money?Licensed Master Electrician If we were to go by career level tier, then a Licensed Master Electrician makes the most. A masters license usually requires around 12,000 hours of experience and / or a degree (or a combination thereof). A Licensed Journeyman makes a little less.
Can you make 6 figures in HVAC?Anyone can make 6 figures with overtime. 10 years in the field as a top level commercial tech and you should be bumping real close to 100k a year with a little OT. You’re not making it right out of school. … At about 85000 right now this yr with a lot of overtime.
Are HVAC techs happy?HVAC technicians are below average when it comes to happiness. At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, HVAC technicians rate their career happiness 3.0 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 29% of careers.
Is HVAC a stressful job?You might not expect to see the HVAC trade listed as one of the most stressful professions. But the work is physically demanding, and working in tight, dark, and dirty spaces can pose a variety of mental and physical challenges.
Are Husky tool bags good?Personally, I’ve used and seen a number of different Husky tool bags that I’d describe as being quite good and even excellent. … When we had refrigerator issues last year and needed a new compressor, the tech had a Husky tool bag, kitted with Milwaukee tools, a Milwaukee RedLithium USB LED light, and Ryobi bit case.
Where are Husky tool bags made?Husky hand tools were formerly manufactured exclusively in the United States but are now largely made in China and Taiwan. All Husky hand tools have a lifetime warranty.
Is knipex better than Klein?Both have a set of crimping options, however the Klein has more of them, but the Knipex do a better job with the wider surface area crimper. They both have the shape of a needle-nose pleirs mixed with a lineman’s pliers, but the larger surface area of the Knipex proves to be far more useful.
Are Klein Tools good?Klein Tools are great. I have a Pair of Klein Bell System Needle nose and they are awesome. I also have a few other various styles from klien. Most of them are small, meant for lighter electrical work, although klein does make some pretty serious tools for Bigger jobs. Q: Can the best tool backpack cause spinal pain? Ans: If you have a fear of spinal pain, you can buy a lightweight tool backpack that also available in the market. Q: Do all the tool backpack features chest straps? Ans: Not all the tool backpacks feature chest strap. But most of the tool backpacks feature chest strap.
ConclusionThe best tool backpack is an ideal product to organize tools for electricians, carpenters, plumbers, etc. For heavy-duty and lifetime use, VETO PRO PAC TECH-MCT and CLC will be perfect one while for lightweight and comfort Rugged and DEWALT Tool backpack is very good.
I'm Joost Nusselder, the founder of Tools Doctor, content marketer, and dad. I love trying out new equipment, and together with my team I've been creating in-depth blog articles since 2016 to help loyal readers with tools & crafting tips.