A Ford Transit is a commercial vehicle with a large load capacity. This vehicle is also available in a range of body styles.
The large size of this vehicle can sometimes make it easy to ignore the rubbish that has started to build up inside, however, investing in a trash can is going to ensure that this doesn’t become a problem.
Below, we have reviewed our top 3 picks of the best trash cans, all of which are suitable for a Ford Transit Vehicle. We have also provided you with a brief buyer’s guide that contains some of our top tips for purchasing the best product.
Continue reading to find out more.
Also read: the ultimate car trash can buying guide
In this post we'll cover:
Best Trash Can For Ford Transit
Highly reviewed, the Lussa Gear Spill-Proof Trash Can helps to keep your vehicle clean and garbage-free. Depending on where it is going to be easiest to reach you can mount it to the back or front of the headrest, the glove compartment, the center console, or the side of the door.
When you have rubbish to throw away, lift the lid and throw it in.
A great thing about this trash can is that it has a 2.5 gallon capacity. As such, you don’t have to worry about emptying it regularly because it can hold a decent amount of garbage.
To maintain the freshness you can remove the liner. Doing so will prevent any unwanted odors from accumulating.
The exterior of this trash can features hooks that can be used to hold the waste bag into place. This will ensure that all of the rubbish is contained within one place.
Moreover, it has also been designed with 3 storage compartments. Two pockets are made from mesh and the other can be closed via the zip.
If needed, you can store other personal belongings in these compartments and as they are on the outside of the bag, these items are not going to come into direct contact with the garbage.
- Guarantee – This trash can is covered by a satisfaction guarantee. If you are unhappy with your purchase, there is help available.
- Color – available in five different colors, you can select the option that caters to your taste and the interior of your Ford Transit.
- Quality – this is a well-made, sturdy trash can that has been designed to deliver long-lasting use.
- Size – customers who have previously purchased this trash can have reported that it was bigger than they were expecting and this made it difficult to attach it to an appropriate place.
Next up we have the OxGord Waterproof Trash Can. It is universally sized measuring 11 x 9 x 7 inches and has been made to fit all vans, trucks, RVs, and SUVs.
You can also input the details of your vehicle to confirm whether it is compatible with the specific model of your Ford Transit.
The strap of this trash can is adjustable so you can alter the height depending on where you intend to position it. It can either be hung from the headrest or you can sit it in between the armrests, the center console or you can secure it to the glove box.
Conveniently, this trash can is collapsible so you can fold it and position it beneath your seats on occasions when it is not in use.
In regards to durability, this trash can has been made from thick, leak-resistant nylon. Because of this, if you dispose of any wet pieces of garbage you don’t have to worry about the liquid seeping through and messing the interior of your vehicle.
It is also designed with built-in snaps rather than a lid. Once you have thrown your rubbish into the trash can, you can then close the top and this will keep all of the garbage inside.
- Multi-purpose – if desired, you can use this trash can to store snacks, personal belongings, or documents (not at the same time as using it for garbage though of course)
- Affordable – As this trash can retails within a lower price range, it isn’t a purchase that is going to break the bank.
- Ease to clean – this trash can is easy to clean thanks to the quality of the interior materials. Regular cleaning and emptying will prevent a build-up of odors.
- Shape Retention – the structure of this trash can could be sturdier as it is prone to losing its shape, once rubbish is added to it.
Our final recommendation for the best Ford Transit trash can comes from the brand HOTOR. Thanks to its generous 2 gallon capacity it can hold plenty of rubbish so your vehicle is always mess-free.
It has been designed with an adjustable strap that can be used to secure it to the front or the back of the headrest. Alternatively, you can attach it to the center console or glove box depending on what you are going to find easier to reach.
In between uses, you can collapse this trashcan to prevent it from consuming unnecessary space. It is designed with two side handles which makes it easier to carry when removing it from your vehicle to empty the contents.
Moreover, it also features two side hooks that can be used to secure the garbage bags to prevent them from slipping out of place. If this wasn’t impressive enough, the exterior of this trash can incorporates 3 pockets.
These can be used to store your personal belongings if needed.
A great thing about this trash can is that it is a multi-functional accessory. Thanks to its waterproof properties, it can also be used as a cooler if desired.
Furthermore, it is also leakproof so you don’t have to worry about any items of garbage containing liquids seeping through the material and spilling into your vehicle.
- Convenience – the rubber top makes it easier to dispose of your rubbish and saves you from the hassle of trying to open and close a lid.
- Colors – there are two colors available and whilst this may not concern some customers, others may appreciate being able to choose the color that matches the interior of their vehicle.
- Durability – this trash can has been constructed from high-quality materials and is likely to deliver long-lasting use.
- Instructions – unfortunately, this trash can does not come with instructions so some users may struggle when trying to attach it to their vehicle.
Before investing in a trash can for your Ford Transit, there are a few things that you should consider.
First and foremost, you must make sure that your trash can is compatible with your vehicle. Failure to check this may mean that you are delivered a trash can that is not the right size.
Depending on the manufacturer, you may be able to input the details of your vehicle as this will give you confirmation as to whether or not the trash can is suitable.
Alternatively, you may wish to read customers’ reviews regarding the size of this trash can. Some may be larger in reality than what they appear to be online.
The durability of the trash can is going to be influenced by the quality of the materials that it has been made from. Ideally, your trash can should be waterproof and leakproof.
If you dispose of any garbage containing liquid you will not need to worry about it causing any unexpected spills. Moreover, this will also make it easier to clean in between uses.
Failing to clean and empty your trash can regularly is going to result in an accumulation of odors.
Attaching the trash can
Most trash cans can be fitted to your vehicle in multiple ways. You can either hang it from the front or back of the backrest or the glove compartment.
You may also be able to position it between the central console or if preferred you can position it on the floor by the seat next to you.
Check the product specifications to see how it is intended to be fitted to your vehicle. Your trash can should also be able to retain its shape once it has been secured.
Some trash cans can be collapsed in between uses. This is going to be very convenient for those who do not want it to consume more space than necessary.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the 3 types of trash cans?
Trash cans are typically made from one of three materials. This includes metal, plastic, and concrete.
Those of the plastic variety are either constructed from resin or polyethylene, whilst those of the metal variety are usually made from aluminum or stainless steel.
What is the best sized trash can?
To determine what size trash can is best for your car, you will need to consider how many people are likely to be using it to dispose of their rubbish.
It is important to bear in mind that your Ford Transit is not going to accommodate a bulky trash can that you are likely to have in your home.
I'm Joost Nusselder, the founder of Tools Doctor, content marketer, and dad. I love trying out new equipment, and together with my team I've been creating in-depth blog articles since 2016 to help loyal readers with tools & crafting tips.