I still drive my 1977 Honda Accord. The paint is almost all worn off. It’s still running - Larry Wall
Honda has a reputation for reliability, and no car epitomizes that idea in quite the same way that the Accord does.
They’re workhorses that keep on running year in and year out and will happily journey from coast to coast and back again without missing a beat, no matter how old they are.
The Accord was built to last, and Larry Wall and millions of other satisfied drivers would readily attest to the fact that the car does exactly what it was made to do.
The problem with a car that’s as reliable as an Accord is that you tend to take it for granted and let all sorts of little things slide.
If you’re late for a meeting, you might leave that empty coffee cup in the holder or drop it behind the driver’s seat, and you just can’t keep an eye on your kids while they’re buckled and belted in their seats all of the time, which means that empty snack wrappers get dropped when they finish eating them and forgotten about whenever you get where you’re going.
And sometimes, on those long road trips, you just don’t have the time to make a regular trash stop.
Before you know it, your Accord has become a dumping ground and the interior looks like it’s had the contents of the local recycling center emptied on the backseat and you’re locked into a pattern of having to clean your Honda every couple of months when the trash that’s been slowly collected in it simply becomes too much to bear.
But there is an easy way to break that cycle. All you need is a trash can for your Accord.
We know, you’re probably panicking about how to choose the right trash can for your Accord, but there’s no need to give in to that trepidation, worry, and fear.
Relax and take a deep breath, because we’ve done all the hard work for you, and have found three ideal interior trash can solutions for your Honda. All you have to do is choose the one that’s right for you and your car…
Also read: our buying guide to getting the best trash can for your car
Best Trash Can For Honda Accord
EPAuto Waterproof Car Trash Can with Lid and Storage Pockets
If your Accord has a trash problem, the easiest way to fix it is with this two-gallon capacity trash can that was designed to hang over the back of the front seats or from the glove box in the dashboard.
It’s waterproof so you can just throw those empty bottles into it without having to worry about them leaking and the elastic opening can stretch to accommodate just about anything that you want to get rid of.
The lid has a velcro seal which makes it easy to open when you want to empty the trash can, which is made even easier by the two handles on the side that you can use to lift it and shake it to make sure that nothing gets left inside it, and ensures that it stays closed while it’s in your Accord.
It has three additional pockets which you can use to your advantage when it’s full and you’re on a long road trip and need a little extra disposal space, and is supplied with ten plastic trash bags, so you can empty it and get rid of the contents no matter how far from home you are.
- It’s Waterproof - You won’t have to worry about any of the bottles that you toss in it leaking inside your Accord, and that waterproof lining is also easy to wipe down and clean when you empty it.
- It’s Big - Two gallons is a lot, so it’ll hold all the empty bottles and wrappers you need on a long road trip.
- Easy To Fit - The strap is designed to hang over the back of the front seats or from the glove box, which makes it easy to install and remove when you need to empty it.
- It’s Really Big - It might take up a little too much space in your Accord, and no one is really going to want to sit in the back seat if the trash can is going to be balanced on their knees for the duration of a road trip.
Lusso Gear Spill-Proof Car Trash Can
When two gallons isn’t big enough, you can always go one step further and increase the interior trash can capacity of your Accord with this stylish all-in-one disposal unit from Lusso.
Despite the fact that it looks more like a backpack than a trash can, Lusso’s solution to car cleanliness is easy to hang over the back of the front seats or from the glove box, and can even be fitted on any of the doors.
It features a removable, waterproof lining that’s easy to clean, and also has a set of hooks so you use a plastic bag if you don’t want to have to clean the lining when you empty the trash can.
The thing that we really love about the Lusso though, is that the removable lining uses odor-free technology, so regardless of how hot it gets inside your Accord or how full the trash can is, it won’t start to smell and ruin your day by stinking like the food bins in your local recycling center.
- That’s A Lot Of Trash - Two and a half gallons should see you all the way through even the longest road trip, and the odor-free technology will make sure that your Accord smells as fresh as the morning dew. Providing, of course, you use an air freshener that actually smells like morning dew.
- Color Coordinated - Lusso has made the trash can available in five different color schemes, so it should easily blend in with any interior. And as it’s been designed to fit in any car, it seems like an ideal solution.
- A Little Extra Storage Space - It also has three additional pockets, so it’ll provide some much-needed additional storage space when you do hit the road. It might not sound like a lot, but every little bit helps.
- It’s A Size Thing - Again, it all comes down to size. Its two and half-gallon capacity means that it’s big and when we say that it’s big we mean that it’s really big.
It might just take up a little too much space in the back seat or passenger footwell of your Accord. Size despite what you might have heard to the contrary isn’t everything.
Oudew Diamond Design Car Trash Can
If you’re just looking for an everyday trash can for your Accord that’s straightforward to fit and remove and clean at the beginning and end of every trip, then look no further, as Oudew has the car trash can for you.
It might be slightly on the smaller side, but if you don’t leave a lot of trash in your wake, why do you need something bigger?
The Oudew’s unique diamond design means that it’ll fit in any cup holder of any car, inside the door compartments, or even in the storage pockets on the back of the front seats.
Its top can easily be removed to empty and clean it and the spring-loaded lid ensures that once something goes in, it doesn’t come out until you’re ready to empty and clean your Oudew.
- Compact Design - Its compact design makes it easy to fit in any available space that you have in your car. And even though it’s far from the biggest trash can that you fit in your Accord, it’s almost certainly the most stylish.
- Easy To Empty, Simple To Clean - The top is easy to remove, which makes the trash can easy to empty and even easier to clean.
A little warm water and detergent and it’ll look as good as new and be ready to go straight back into your Accord the next time you leave home.
- Build Quality - Some reviews have highlighted possible manufacturing or design issues with the top of the Oudew and its spring-loaded lid.
Most notably that the top can fall off the bin when you really, really don’t want it to, and that the spring part of the spring-loaded lid can fail and render it pretty much useless.
Whether or not you want to roll the dice and take a chance with the Oudew is entirely up to you, but we haven’t had a problem with ours so far.
Which Car Trash Can Is The Right One For My Accord?
As all three of the trash cans on our list fall within similar budgetary parameters, the only question that you really need to ask yourself is, am I a two-gallon, long road trip kind of person or will I empty the trash can in my Accord after every daily commute?
Once you know which you are, the answer to your car trash can dilemma will be obvious. Just be honest with yourself, and all will be revealed.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is A Car Trash Can?
A car trash can is exactly what its name suggests it is, a trash can that you can install in your car to ensure that it’s always kept next and clean.
Smaller than the household variety, car trash cans are an ideal solution to the unwanted wrapper and bottle problems that always seem to plague long road trips.
I'm Joost Nusselder, the founder of Tools Doctor, content marketer, and dad. I love trying out new equipment, and together with my team I've been creating in-depth blog articles since 2016 to help loyal readers with tools & crafting tips.